söndag 16 maj 2010

On centuries...


I wish I had been born 150 years ago. I think I would have been a lot happier. I would spend my days trying out different dresses and beautiful hats. I would attend one ball after another and be courted by handsome young gentlemen.
But mostly I would spend my time writing revolutionary novels about liberated women and removal of social classes - of course under false male pseudonyms. I would fight for women's rights to education, heritage, voting etc.

I would think I could save the world. I would speak freely of my opinions at social gatherings and with old fashioned men - just to provoke. People would see me as too liberal - and that would just bring joy to my soul. I would join underground political movements.
And what is most appealing to me is that trying to save the world wouldn't be something to criticize someone for. Nor would people in general accuse you of having opinions as if you are hurting the world by having something to say.

I don't know. Many times I really wish I hadn't been born in this era. Most of the time I feel misplaced, and many other times I feel like I won't be able to live long in this world. I don't understand, and it keeps on surprising me. Mostly, I'm not very content with it's surprises.

Nevertheless, I still feel joy in my heart days like yesterday and the days before. Yesterday I spent the whole day sitting in the sun in the company of nice friends, a good book and... ya, SUN! Moreover, last tuesday I went to Stockholm with my beautiful ladies A and L, we went wild on the shopping, the restaurant-visit and we laughed a few abs on Magnus Betnérs comedy show. I love!

Picture above: Vivien Leigh as Anna Karenina. Can you see me like that? A woman of the 19th century?

1 kommentar:

Linda sa...

Ja, nu är det verkligen happy times med långa sovmorgnar, shopping, sol ute, sol inne, sol i hjärta, sol i sinne. Tom JAG blir lyrisk!