söndag 18 april 2010

On natural disasters…

On Thursday evening I received a call from my sistervulcano iceland saying it will be hard for her to come this weekend. When I ask her why she responds that it’s due to a volcanic eruption… on ICELAND. It took a few seconds for this response to sink in. First I thought she was kidding with me. Since I hadn’t checked any news the entire day, I had totally missed out about this horrible incident.

So, I ran to the online newspapers and ended up on Aftonbladet – a Swedish tabloid magazine. One article was about Icelanders fleeing their homes. What caused anger in me was an article not much further down stating: “The Andersson’s: We should have been bathing.” (Sry, couldn't find the link.) I didn’t know who to feel more sorry for;  the homeless, ash-covered Icelanders or the un-bathing Swedish middle-class family robbed of their vacation. *sarcasm*

I find it scary though that almost everyday one hears about natural disasters around the world. I have this theory that the earth is uneasy for the upcoming second big bang or something! OR… or… we could be heading towards a new pre-dinosaur time when all the earth were volcanic eruptions! Creepy! So creepy made me recycle both paper AND metal yesterday! *phew* Who knows what mother earth is trying to tell us…

Friday evening me and M were reminiscing old times and old times’ music. We ended up youtubing songs we remembered from years ago and the collection was very spread between many genre

from pop to RnB to hip hop and over many years.

To me they were beautiful years of young friendship, crushes, school, trips, fun… and the occasional teenage drama. :)

That good ol’ music, those good ol’ days!

Inga kommentarer: